Re: Pgxs - How to reference another extension

От Michał Kłeczek
Тема Re: Pgxs - How to reference another extension
Дата
Re: Pgxs - How to reference another extension
Список pgsql-general

On 11 Mar 2024, at 14:08, Artur Zakirov <zaartur@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 at 13:26, Michał Kłeczek <michal@kleczek.org> wrote:

On 11 Mar 2024, at 11:41, Michał Kłeczek <michal@kleczek.org> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to create an extension that delegates some calls to btree_gist functions:

DirectFunctionCall5Coll(
              gbt_text_consistent, …other arguments);

Basic PGXS Makefile does not work - I get linker error:

Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
"_gbt_text_consistent", referenced from:

Anyone could provide me with some hints?

I’ve added:
PG_LDFLAGS += -L$(shell $(PG_CONFIG) --pkglibdir) -lbtree_gist

You can try FunctionCall5Coll() or OidFunctionCall5Coll() functions.

OidFunctionCall5Coll() calls fmgr_info() and FunctionCall5Coll(). What
you only need is Oid of the target function.

What I am trying to do is wrapping and decoration of gbt_text_consistent function.
The reason I want to use DirectFunctionCall5Col is that other variants require catalog lookup
as I don’t have old of the wrapped function.
The lookup itself is problematic as the only piece of information I have is the strategy number.
What’s more - the result of the lookup should be cached in fn_extra and that makes things even more complex.

Is there any way to simply link against another extension library?

Thanks