Slony package versions disappeared

От Merlin Hartley
Тема Slony package versions disappeared
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Greetings

I just joined the slack channel to ask my question and was directed to
this email address (transcript below).

My query is to do with the 2.2.8-6.pgdg having disappeared from the
repository - leaving 2.2.8-3 as the latest revision of 2.2.8.

I'd like to know why the newer versions were removed and thereby if this
constitutes advice for us to downgrade our installed base.
If this was removed in error, is there any chance it could be
reinstated?

Many thanks!

Merlin

Hey folks, I have a query about the contents of the apt repository
changing...
16 replies
Lætitia  9 minutes ago
Hello Merlin, what’s your problem ?
Merlin Hartley  7 minutes ago
We are using the Slony packages from the pgdg apt repo and it's been
great for a year or so...
Merlin Hartley  7 minutes ago
Now it seems some versions of the packages suddenly disappeared
Merlin Hartley  6 minutes ago
specifically 2.2.8-6.pgdg which was the latest version of 2.2.8
Merlin Hartley  6 minutes ago
now only 2.2.8-3 is in there
Lætitia  5 minutes ago
Isn’t slony deprecated ?
Merlin Hartley  4 minutes ago
well, there's a nice new 2.2.10 version in there
Merlin Hartley  4 minutes ago
just seems strange that the newst build if a partcular version would
disappear
Lætitia  3 minutes ago
ok, I see it. I would still not recommend it unless there’s no other
choice, but that’s not the matter here
Merlin Hartley  3 minutes ago
we have a fleet of about 20 servers using slony for replicating only
certain parts of our data around the place
Merlin Hartley  2 minutes ago
last time we checked the alternatives they weren't as fine-grained as
slony
Lætitia  2 minutes ago
I would still use logical for that, but as I said, that’s out of scope
Lætitia  2 minutes ago
I think you should ask your question here:
pgsql-pkg-debian@postgresql.org
Merlin Hartley  1 minute ago
I shall investigate that, thanks ... but indeed our current need is for
the latest minor release of the package we are already using
:slightly_smiling_face:
Lætitia  < 1 minute ago
I’m not sure the apt packager is on the slack channel, that’s why I
redirected you to the mailing list
Merlin Hartley  < 1 minute ago
Many thanks for your time!

--