Re: 5 minutes to pg_dump nothing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 5 minutes to pg_dump nothing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Nikita The Spider The Spider" <nikitathespider@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm seeing a problem where pg_dump takes at least 5 minutes to execute
> no matter what I ask it to dump -- even a non-existent or empty table.
> One possible red flag is that pg_type contains 56508 rows. This
> doesn't seem excessive to me, but perhaps it should.

That does seem like a lot --- what sort of types are they?  Scalar,
composite, what?  It's fairly likely that no one has tried to optimize
pg_dump for such a case.

It'd be helpful if you could recompile pg_dump with profiling enabled
(-pg compiler switch) and get a gprof profile to show where the time
is going.