Re: Overcoming SELECT ... FOR UPDATE permission restrictions

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Overcoming SELECT ... FOR UPDATE permission restrictions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
13.04.2018 18:55, Tom Lane wrote:
> Although this is arguably a security bug, I'm not sure we should
> back-patch it.  The consequences seem relatively minor, and the
> behavioral change carries a significant risk of breaking applications
> that worked as-intended up to now.  Thoughts?
The worst scenario (with the current system views) I could think of is:
user=> CREATE VIEW pgg AS SELECT * FROM pg_group;
BEGIN TRANSACTION; SELECT * FROM pgg FOR UPDATE; SELECT pg_sleep(60);
ROLLBACK;
and the parallel operation:
admin=> DROP ROLE testrole;
hangs for one minute.
But admin can observer the locks and kill the offending backend so it's
hardly a critical issue.

От: Alexey Bashtanov
Сообщение: Re: [patch] pg_attribute.attndims turns to 0 when 'create tablelike/as'
От: "Daniel Verite"
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: Adding json logging