Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use

От Jeremy Palmer
Тема Re: Win32 Backend Cash - pre-existing shared memory block is still in use
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes I do realise that temp_buffers is per backend. I set it like this because we only have a few simultaneous clients
connecting,and these clients generally run large analysis queries that usually create big temp tables.

I turned on extra logging and I have tracked down the query that is crashing the backend. The query was making a really
bigtemp table. By setting the temp_buffers to 512MB the queries no longer crashes the backend.

My question is what is a safe value for the temp_buffers parameter on a win32 system? Also how can we stop PostgreSQL
crashingbecause of this issue? I'm willing provide more information to help diagnose this.

Regards,
Jeremy