Re: Docs for version 10 incorrectly claim that ~/.pgpass with 0600 perms work.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Docs for version 10 incorrectly claim that ~/.pgpass with 0600 perms work.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Doc_comments_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> .pgpass does not work with 10.4

Works for me.  Care to provide a complete example?

$ cat $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all             all             127.0.0.1/32            md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all             all             ::1/128                 md5

regression=# create user joe password 'joespw';
CREATE ROLE

$ ls -l ~/.pgpass
-rw-------. 1 tgl tgl 25 Jul 25 13:09 /home/tgl/.pgpass
$ cat ~/.pgpass
localhost:*:*:joe:joespw

$ psql -U joe -h localhost regression
psql (10.4)
Type "help" for help.

I can replicate your symptoms if there's not actually a matching
entry in the .pgpass file ...