Re: BUG #17077: about three parameters in postgresql 13.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17077: about three parameters in postgresql 13.3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 7:50 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> The code is operating as designed.  It does seem odd that there's no
>> mention of these variables in the documentation, though.

> I think the point that the 3 GUCs have no explanation in the docs but
> still show up in the pg_settings was discussed at [1]. There, we
> wanted to add GUC_NO_SHOW_ALL for 3 of them. I still would prefer it
> because the 3 GUCs will only be used internally(?).

I've concluded that we should just document them (and am working
on that right now).  It's certainly true that there is a use-case
for reading them: libpq does "SHOW transaction_read_only", for
example.  And since we've gone to the trouble of making SET of one
of these equivalent to SET TRANSACTION, we should probably just
document that it is.