Re: Out arguments name of "pg_identify_object_as_address" function in 9.5.14 and 11beta3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Out arguments name of "pg_identify_object_as_address" function in 9.5.14 and 11beta3
Дата
Re: Out arguments name of "pg_identify_object_as_address" functionin 9.5.14 and 11beta3  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jean-Pierre Pelletier <jean.pierre.pelletier0@gmail.com> writes:
> Two of the out arguments name of function
> "pg_identify_object_as_address" are not as documented.
> Documentation says "name" and "args", but function returns
> "object_names" and "object_args".

Hm, yeah.  The documentation of pg_get_object_address() seems
equally divorced from reality.  What's more, while pg_get_object_address
and pg_identify_object_as_address agree on the naming of the
internal-representation arguments (classid,objid,objsubid),
they don't agree on the naming of the other arguments
(type,name,args vs. type,object_names,object_args).  Somebody
was being pretty inconsistent there.

I do not think we can change the names of the output arguments;
it'd break existing queries.  However, renaming input arguments
shouldn't affect anything.  So I propose we make pg_get_object_address'
input arguments be named type,object_names,object_args for
consistency with the other function, and update the docs to match.