Re: problem (bug?) when killing client program

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problem (bug?) when killing client program
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes" <marcus.magalhaes@vlinfo.com.br> writes:
> Realizing that the things weren't quite right, sent a SIGTERM (kill with
> no flags) to the PID 22332.
> What happened? The entire backend crashed and burned in enormous flames.

SIGTERM should have been fine.  Are you certain you didn't do kill -9 ?

I tried the same thing here, and the backend shut down just fine, with
only this entry in the postmaster log:
    FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command
So I think you didn't really do SIGTERM.