Re: VACUUM and other maintenance work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: VACUUM and other maintenance work
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Christian Hofmann" <christian.hofmann@gmx.de> writes:
> 2. Connecting, maybe by a cron job, to the database and submitting the query
> "VACUUM ANALYZE" will prevent me from losing data from not vacuuming. Is
> that correct?

You have to do this in each connectable database (yes, you can ignore
template0).  Most people prefer to use the vacuumdb script rather than
invent their own.

Alternatively you can use the pg_autovacuum daemon.

There are details about maintenance tasks in the manual:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/maintenance.html
(adjust URL to match your PG version)