Re: Out of Memory errors while running pg_dump

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Out of Memory errors while running pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com> writes:
> Hello, this past weekend I received a couple of Out of Memory errors
> while running pg_dump for  two different selects against the
> catalogs, one with pg_get_viewdef() and the other with one of the
> pg_index join pg_class left join pg_depend queries).  Is it work_mem
> I should be increasing with PGOPTIONS to avoid this?

We'd need to see more details to really give decent advice.  Exactly
what queries and exactly what was the error message (in particular
I'm wondering how large the failed request was)?  Which PG version?
Can you get the memory context dump out of the postmaster log?