Re: newbie needs help with postgres internal tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: newbie needs help with postgres internal tables
Дата
Re: newbie needs help with postgres internal tables
Список pgsql-general
William WAISSE <wwaisse@esprit-equipe.fr> writes:
> does a documentation exists concerning postgres internals, which I
> havren't found, and which would say something like
> "the relation between pg_class and pg_attribute is the field
> oid in in pg_class which is the same as the field attrelid in  pg_attribute"
> "attnum in pg_attribute is >0 for 'user' fields and <0 for internal fields"
> . . .

See the "system catalogs" chapter of the developer's guide.  It's a bit
terse but I believe the information you mention above is all stated at,
eg,
http://candle.pha.pa.us/main/writings/pgsql/sgml/catalog-pg-attribute.html

Сообщение: Re: newbie needs help with postgres internal tables
Сообщение: Re: newbie needs help with postgres internal tables