Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors

От Marina Polyakova
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP Patch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Given that the number of variables of a pgbench script is expected to
> be pretty small, I'm not sure that the sorting stuff is worth the
> effort.

I think it is a good insurance if there're many variables..

> My suggestion is really to look at both implementations and to answer
> the question "should pgbench share its variable implementation with
> psql?".
>
> If the answer is yes, then the relevant part of the implementation
> should be moved to fe_utils, and that's it.
>
> If the answer is no, then implement something in pgbench directly.

The structure of variables is different, the container structure of the
variables is different, so I think that the answer is no.

--
Marina Polyakova
The Russian Postgres Company