Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: fix SET WITHOUT OIDS, add SET WITH OIDS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But the ability to turn this on/off is not an important one, since even
> the people who use OIDs seldom use this. They have CTAS; let them use
> it.

Well, CTAS is a vastly inferior solution because you'd have to manually
move indexes, constraints, FKs, etc to the new table.  Plus it's just as
slow if not slower than the proposed rewriting code.  I think that
Andrew's complaint about not putting barriers in the way of removing
OIDs would apply pretty strongly to that approach.

Сообщение: Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf
Сообщение: Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf