Re: Make PG's "NOT NULL"s and attnotnull ("is_nullable") conform to SQL-2011

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Make PG's "NOT NULL"s and attnotnull ("is_nullable") conform to SQL-2011
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This is a bit hard to reason about given that our implementation of
> inheritance is non-standard.

Yeah, that's a fairly key point.  We've solved those problems with
respect to inherited CHECK constraints, and it seems like what we
ought to do with NOT NULL is make it work the same as CHECK, rather
than invent some new concepts.