Re: incorrect handling of the timeout in pg_receivexlog

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: incorrect handling of the timeout in pg_receivexlog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 07.02.2012 09:03, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> What about changing receivelog.c so that it uses time_t instead of
>> TimestampTz? Which would make the code simpler, I think.

> Hmm, that would reduce granularity to seconds.

It also creates portability issues that I'd just as soon not deal with,
ie, time_t is not the same width on all platforms.  (The integer vs
float TimestampTz issue is a kind of portability problem, but we've
already bought into the assumption that sender and receiver must be
built with the same choice, no?)