Re: current_role of caller of a DEFINER function

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: current_role of caller of a DEFINER function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2024-06-26 at 10:35 +0200, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> So I have two questions:
> 1) Is there any way to know the current_role of the caller of a
> DEFINER function. I fear the answer is no, but better be sure from
> experts here.
> 2) Why isn't there a way to obtain the above? What harm would it be?

Just te be certain, let me ask a question back:

If a SECURITY DEFINER function calls another SECURITY DEFINER function,
which role would you like to get:

1. the invoker that called the first function

2. the owner of the first function (which is the user that called the
   second function)

Yours,
Laurenz Albe