Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Partition-wise join for join between (declaratively)partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/09/02 4:10, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
> This rebase mainly changes patch 0001, which translates partition
> hierarchy into inheritance hierarchy creating AppendRelInfos and
> RelOptInfos for partitioned partitions. Because of that, it's not
> necessary to record the partitioned partitions in a
> PartitionedChildRelInfos::child_rels. The only RTI that goes in there
> is the RTI of child RTE which is same as the parent RTE except inh
> flag. I tried removing that with a series of changes but it seems that
> following code in ExecInitModifyTable() requires it.
> 1897     /* The root table RT index is at the head of the
> partitioned_rels list */
> 1898     if (node->partitioned_rels)
> 1899     {
> 1900         Index       root_rti;
> 1901         Oid         root_oid;
> 1902
> 1903         root_rti = linitial_int(node->partitioned_rels);
> 1904         root_oid = getrelid(root_rti, estate->es_range_table);
> 1905         rel = heap_open(root_oid, NoLock);  /* locked by InitPlan */
> 1906     }
> 1907     else
> 1908         rel = mtstate->resultRelInfo->ri_RelationDesc;
>
> I don't know whether we could change this code not to use
> PartitionedChildRelInfos::child_rels.
Though I haven't read the patch yet, I think the above code is useless.
And I proposed a patch to clean it up before [1].  I'll add that patch
to the next commitfest.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

[1]
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/93cf9816-2f7d-0f67-8ed2-4a4e497a6ab8%40lab.ntt.co.jp

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER command progress monitor
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] Savepoint-related statements terminates connection