Re: Rounding incompatibility

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Rounding incompatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Havasvölgyi Ottó <havasvolgyi.otto@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have found the following strangeness on Windows versions:

create table round_test (id int primary key, value double precision);
insert into round_test(id, value) values(1, 1.5);
insert into round_test(id, value) values(2, -1.5);
insert into round_test(id, value) values(3, 3.5);
select round(value) from round_test;

psql 8.2.13 returns

2
-2
4

But psql 8.3.3 returns

1
-1
3

Trying more values it seems that 8.2 rounding works according to banker's rounding rules.
Can you confirm this?
How can I avoid this incompatibility or perhaps bug?

Posting the output  of 'select version()' from both the databases will help blaming some distribution.

Best regards,
--
Lets call it Postgres

EnterpriseDB      http://www.enterprisedb.com