Re: Scripting function definitions as SQL?

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Scripting function definitions as SQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Reece Hart <reece@harts.net> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 06:12 -0700, Postgres User wrote:
> Has anyone written a function that scripts out all the functions in a
> database as full SQL statements (Create Function.....)

You could pg_dump the schema in the "custom" format (-Fc), then call
pg_restore with -l to get the TOC, grep the TOC for functions, and feed
that back into pg_restore with -L. It sounds like a lot, but it's pretty
easy in practice, like so:

$ sudo -u postgres pg_dump -Fc -s mydb >mydb.pgdfc
$ pg_restore -l mydb.pgdfc >mydb.toc
$ grep -E '^[0-9]+; [0-9]+ [0-9]+ FUNCTION' mydb.toc >mydb-fx.toc
$ pg_restore -L mydb-fx.toc mydb.pgdfc

The output of pg_restore is sql.

This technique is extremely useful for other kinds of schema elements as
well.

It's a bit too much for the task at hand. Recently I was also faced with a situation where I wanted to dump a few functions (only), but pg_dump does not have any option to do so!!

Can we have an option to dump function?

Best regards,

--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com