ERROR during WAL replay

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема ERROR during WAL replay
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

    We were trying to move a big database from one machine to the other using PITR mechanism. We hit the following LOG message in during the recovery (WAL replay) process"

LOG:  incorrect resource manager data checksum in record at 111/A7738C8

    I had used this procedure to do such migrations in the past, and never had any problem. This particular DB is pretty huge, and under load, so I would like to consider other options before even trying to redo the whole process.

    Here's the whole scanario:

    The DB is about 420 GB in size. We want to move it to another box with more storage. I have set up WAL archival, executed pg_start_backup(), started $DATA/ copy (took just over 24 hours), executed pg_stop_backup(), and while the WAL archival is still enabled I started recovery on the second machine, using the $DATA/ copied earlier....

    I have the compressed WAL file, so if someone wishes to take a peek at it it will be available...

    Considering this is a weekend, any help/suggestion at all would be great.

Thanks and best regards,

--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com

EnterpriseDB      http://www.enterprisedb.com

17° 29' 34.37"N,   78° 30' 59.76"E - Hyderabad
18° 32' 57.25"N,   73° 56' 25.42"E - Pune
37° 47' 19.72"N, 122° 24' 1.69" W - San Francisco *

http://gurjeet.frihost.net

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device