Re: Let's play bash the search engine

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: Let's play bash the search engine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/19/06, Shane Ambler <pgsql@007marketing.com> wrote:
> I echo Thomas' request to have docs limited to a version (or, better,
> most recent). Perhaps archived docs should be searched via a separate
> page entirely.

+1 there - current docs should be searched unless you specify all/older

count me in too...

I reckon the old search showed 3-4 lines in the 'preview' of the
listing, now we only get 1 which sometimes wraps partially onto 2.
Personally I preferred having 3-4 lines in the results - it can be
easier to pick out the page that you are searching for without going there.

same sentiments

One thing that I have seen on a few searches (eg. yahoo cached pages) is
when you follow a link it then highlights the search criteria on the
page. Would be a nice feature to quickly find the search result on the
destination page.

+1

I found a little error in the page coding calculations -

Search for create
it states "Pages 1-20 of more than 1000." - that's ok
if you go to page 50 you get "Pages 981-1000 of more than 1000." - fine
then on page 51 you get "Your search for create returned no hits."

search for 'select' or 'update' gets the same thing. It would seem that
you have a 'limit 1000' which gives the 'more than 1000' in the hits
description but it generates an extra page (51) that tries to fetch
1001-1020

Or is it possible that the LIMIT ... OFFSET combination is erroneous!

my '2 cents (or die tryin)',

--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | yahoo }.com