Re: skip duplicate key error during inserts

От Gurjeet Singh
Тема Re: skip duplicate key error during inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/27/06, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

That doesn't help at all during multi-table transactions

What problem do you think you would face in multi-table scenario? I tried the following and it worked for me; hope this is what you meant by multi-table transactions:

postgres=# begin;
BEGIN
postgres=# create table t1 ( a int primary key );
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "t1_pkey" for tab le "t1"
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# create table t2 ( a int primary key );
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "t2_pkey" for tab le "t2"
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# \set ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK on
postgres=# insert into t1 values ( 1 );
INSERT 0 1
postgres=# insert into t1 values ( 1 );
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "t1_pkey"
postgres=# insert into t2 values ( 1 );
INSERT 0 1
postgres=# insert into t2 values ( 1 );
ERROR:  duplicate key violates unique constraint "t2_pkey"
postgres=# commit;
COMMIT
postgres=# select * from t1;
---
 1
(1 row)

postgres=# select * from t2;
---
 1
(1 row)

postgres=#

want the loader to kick duplicates out to an
exception file.

Now you are asking for a completely new feature!!!

Regards,

--
gurjeet[.singh]@EnterpriseDB.com
singh.gurjeet@{ gmail | hotmail | yahoo }.com