Re: Release cycle length

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Release cycle length
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> 1. Start platform testing on day 1 of beta.  Last minute fixes for AIX or
>> UnixWare are really becoming old jokes.

> The only reason we had last minute stuff for UnixWare this time was the
> timing of PG's release and the UP3 release from SCO.

Yes.  The late fixes for OS X also arose from the fact that Apple
released a new OS X version late in our beta cycle.  I don't think it's
reasonable to complain that there was insufficient port testing done
earlier; the issues didn't come from that.

I do agree with the opinion that our beta cycles are getting too long,
and that it's not clear we are getting any additional reliability out
of the longer time period.