Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 BETA2 fails to compile on Digital Unix 4.0d

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 6.4 BETA2 fails to compile on Digital Unix 4.0d
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Taral" <taral@mail.utexas.edu> writes:
> *** acspecific.m4.orig  Thu Oct 29 12:43:02 1998
> --- acspecific.m4       Thu Oct 29 12:49:39 1998

I have just committed a configure.in fix that eliminates the need for
this change.  It turns out that the shell syntax failure was just the
tip of the iceberg: the real problem is that AC_PROG_CC *must* be run
even if there is a user-supplied CC setting.

> There really needs to be a sanity check for --with-cc or whatever it is.

There is: AC_PROG_CC makes sure that the supplied CC setting works,
and incidentally discovers a few other things like whether it is gcc.
Our problem was we were bypassing that macro if --with-CC was given.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/include/catalog pg_operator.h'
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/include/catalog pg_operator.h'