Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] PoC plpgsql - possibility to force custom or generic plan  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> 2. what syntax we should to use (if we accept this feature)? There was not
> another proposal if I remember well - The PRAGMA syntax is strong because
> we can very well specify to range where the plans caching will be
> explicitly controlled. It is well readable and static.

The complaint I have about PRAGMA is that it's yet another syntax for
accomplishing pretty much the same thing.  If you don't like the GUC
solution, we've already got the "comp_option" syntax for static options
in plpgsql.  Sure, that's not too pretty, but that's not a good reason
to invent yet another way to do it.