pg_dump performance lossage for primary keys

От Tom Lane
Тема pg_dump performance lossage for primary keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I notice that pg_dump now dumps primary-key indexes in the style

CREATE TABLE ... ("dest_index" integer DEFAULT ...,Constraint "dest_addresses_pkey" Primary Key ("dest_index")
);

COPY ...  FROM stdin;
-- load data
\.

-- create other indexes for table

Isn't this pretty darn stupid?  Previously, we created indexes after
this way.

IMHO it would be better to reach in and set the "primary key" flag on
the index after creating it normally.