Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 vs old branches

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: OpenSSL 3.0.0 vs old branches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Op 08-02-2023 om 05:37 schreef Tom Lane:
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> writes:
>> On Tue, Feb 07, 2023 at 01:28:26PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I think Peter's misremembering the history, and OpenSSL 3 *is*
>>> supported in these branches.  There could be an argument for
>>> not back-patching f0d2c65f17 on the grounds that pre-1.1.1 is
>>> also supported there.  On the whole though, it seems more useful
>>> today for that test to pass with 3.x than for it to pass with 0.9.8.
>>> And I can't see investing effort to make it do both (but if Peter
>>> wants to, I won't stand in the way).
>
>> Cutting support for 0.9.8 in oldest branches would be a very risky
>> move, but as you say, if that only involves a failure in the SSL
>> tests while still allowing anything we have to work, fine by me to
>> live with that.
>
> Question: is anybody around here still testing with 0.9.8 (or 1.0.x)
> at all?  The systems I had that had that version on them are dead.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I've hoarded an old centos 6.1 system that I don't really use anymore
but sometimes (once every few weeks, I guess) start up and build master
on, for instance to test with postgres_fdw/replication. Such a build
would include a make check, and I think I would have noticed any fails.

That system says:
OpenSSL> OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013

FWIW, just now I built & ran check-world for 15 and 16 with
PG_TEST_EXTRA=ssl (which I didn't use before).  Both finished ok.

Erik Rijkers