Trouble installing Drupal 5 using sockets (a little long)

От Bryan
Тема Trouble installing Drupal 5 using sockets (a little long)
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Greetings and Hello!

I am trying to get my little ALIX server that is running OpenBSD
4.4-current to run pgsql.  I've been successful in installing 8.3.3,
and since OpenBSD uses a chrooted environment, I intend on using unix
sockets for making database connections.  I read the man pages, ran
"initdb -D /var/postgresql/data -U postgres -A md5 -W" and edited the
/var/postgresql/data/postgresql.conf file to read:
# - Connection Settings -

listen_addresses = 'localhost'          # what IP address(es) to listen on;
                                        # comma-separated list of addresses;
                                        # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
                                        # (change requires restart)
#port = 5432                            # (change requires restart)
max_connections = 40                    # (change requires restart)
# Note:  Increasing max_connections costs ~400 bytes of shared memory per
# connection slot, plus lock space (see max_locks_per_transaction).  You might
# also need to raise shared_buffers to support more connections.
#superuser_reserved_connections = 3     # (change requires restart)
unix_socket_directory = '/var/www/tmp'  # (change requires restart)
unix_socket_group = ''                  # (change requires restart)
unix_socket_permissions = 0777          # begin with 0 to use octal notation
                                        # (change requires restart)
#bonjour_name = ''                      # defaults to the computer name

I only have 256MB of RAM, so my connections will stay low.  I started
pgsql using:
# pg_ctl -D /var/postgresql/data -l logfile start

And the following shows in the /var/postgresql/logfile:
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2008-08-09 20:33:22 UTC
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
An output of netstat -a shows the following:

# netstat -a | grep /var
0xd60cab9c stream    0  0 0xd604394c   0x0   0x0  0x0 /var/www/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432
0xd61f81a8 dgram     0  0 0xd61f3cd0   0x0   0x0  0x0 /var/empty/dev/log

At this point, I think I am good to go, and can continue.

After I installed Drupal 5, I attempted to create the database that
drupal will use in pgsql.  pkginfo -D gives me the following:
In postgresql, assuming an `admin' account has all rights:

createuser -U admin --pwprompt --no-superuser --createdb --no-createrole drupal
createdb -U drupal -E UTF8 drupal

When I type the following:

# createuser -U admin --pwprompt --no-superuser --createdb
--no-createrole drupal

I get the following output:

Enter password for new role:
Enter it again:
createuser: could not connect to database postgres: could not connect
to server: No such file or directory

Now, something in pgsql is still set and is overiding the config that
I set up.  I did do the initdb and then set the socket, is there
something inside the inital database that needs to be set?  After
searching the internet, I found that someone mentioned that a reboot
after some system updates fixed the issue
(http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?t=1625811), but I have not
made any systems changes, and restarting pgsql does start the service
and create the socket inside the chroot (/var/www/).

So, is there any other place that I need to change that tells the
system where the unix socket is?

Much obliged,

Bryan Brake