Re: [patch] pg_basebackup: mention that spread checkpoints are the default in --help

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: [patch] pg_basebackup: mention that spread checkpoints are the default in --help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 04:21:19PM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> > I believed that spread (not fast) checkpoints are the default in
> > pg_basebackup, but noticed that --help does not specify which is which -
> > contrary to the reference documentation.
> >
> > So I propose the small attached patch to clarify that.
>
> You are right and I believe this is a good change.
>
> Maybe we should also display the defaults for -X,
> --manifest-checksums, etc for consistency.

Hrm right, but those have multiple options and they do not enumerate
them in the help string as do -F and -c - not sure what general project
policy here is for mentioning defaults in --help, I will check some of
the other commands.

Michael