Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead
Дата
Re: PSA: Autoconf has risen from the dead  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23.01.22 17:29, Tom Lane wrote:
> While chasing something else, I was surprised to learn that the
> Autoconf project has started to make releases again.  There are
> 2.70 (2020-12-08) and 2.71 (2021-01-28) versions available at
> https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/

I have patches ready for this at
https://github.com/petere/postgresql/tree/autoconf-updates.

My thinking was to wait until Autoconf 2.71 has trickled down into the
OS versions that developers are likely to use.  To survey that, I'm tracking

https://packages.debian.org/sid/autoconf [in testing]
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=autoconf [in jammy, will be
22.04 LTS]
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/autoconf [in Fedora 36, planned
2022-04-19]
https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/autoconf [done]

Currently, I think early PG16 might be good time to do this update.