Re: Sketch of a fix for that truncation data corruption issue

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: Sketch of a fix for that truncation data corruption issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

>>  > Also, I'm not entirely sure whether there's anything in our various
>>  > replication logic that's dependent on vacuum truncation taking AEL.
>>  > Offhand I'd expect the reduced use of AEL to be a plus, but maybe
>>  > I'm missing something.
>>
>>  It'd be a *MAJOR* plus. One of the biggest operational headaches for
>>  using a HS node for querying is that there'll often be conflicts due to
>>  vacuum truncating relations (which logs an AEL), even if
>>  hot_standby_feedback is used. There's been multiple proposals to
>>  allow disabling truncations just because of that.
>
> Huge +1 from me here, we've seen this too. Getting rid of the conflict
> when using a HS node for querying would be fantastic.

One small ping... This topic has been inactive for a long time. But that would be a great improvement for any future
release.I observe such problems from time to time... (so far, we have at least a workaround with the vacuum_trunk
option)

regards, Sergei