Re: Conservation of OIDs

От
Тема Re: Conservation of OIDs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Whoa! You mean these aren't already separate database clusters or even
> separate systems? I am very shocked, you can't do a proper Dev --> QAT
> --> Prod environment if all three systems are run by the same
> postmaster, or on the same host imo.

I can see having separate clusters would save me the unnecessary
expenditure of OID',s, and I can see access to the production data being
restricted (from developers?) in most cases as a good thing, but for this
environment the set of end-users and developers is actually quite small,
they are in close proximity and have ready communication, and so I don't
see why it would be a problem to have the same postmaster running all
three databases for this case. I would be interested in hearing more
detail as to why it is a bad idea in general.

~Berend Tober