Reconnect help

От snmadhusudan@hss.hns.com
Тема Reconnect help
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

I have a problem regarding making client connections to a postgres backend
server.
I connect to the server using the PQconnectdb API. I execute SELECT queries
using
PQexec API very frequently. Somewhere during the execution of the query, I
shutdown
the DB server. At the client side, I check the status of the connection
using PQstatus.
If the find the the connection is broken, I attempt a PQconnectdb again. If
it succeeds,
I continue with my queries again.

Now the problem here is that, after I restart the DB server, the connection
does
not get established. Truss reveals that an asynchronous connection is
attempted but then
instead of polling after connect as it happens initially, the socket is
closed and
an error is returned.

Can someone tell me if there is a flaw in my approach. Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanx n Regrads,
Madhusudan.

This message is proprietary to Hughes Software Systems Limited (HSS) and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.  It
may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.  If
you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  HSS accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email
including damage from virus.