Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cacheentries

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Protect syscache from bloating with negative cacheentries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/22/17 5:03 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ok, after reading the code I see I only partly understood what you were
>> saying. In any case, it might still be useful to do some testing with
>> CATCACHE_STATS defined to see if there's caches that don't accumulate a
>> lot of negative entries.
> There definitely are, according to my testing, but by the same token
> it's not clear that a shutoff check would save anything.

Currently they wouldn't, but there's concerns about the performance of
some of the other ideas in this thread. Getting rid of negative entries
that don't really help could reduce some of those concerns. Or perhaps
the original complaint about STATRELATTINH could be solved by just
disabling negative entries on that cache.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Failure in commit_ts tap tests
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Failure in commit_ts tap tests