Re: BUG #15427: DROP INDEX did not free up disk space

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15427: DROP INDEX did not free up disk space
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2018-10-11 23:57:16 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Uh, what's that got to do with it?

> If you look at the bugreport: As soon as the op, on my suggestion,
> triggered sinval processing (by issuing a SELECT 1;) the space was
> freed. So clearly the open FDs were part of the problem.

TBH, I think the space-freeup was more likely driven off a background
checkpoint completion, which is where the truncation happens.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15427: DROP INDEX did not free up disk space
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15427: DROP INDEX did not free up disk space