Re: "Bogus data in lock file" shouldn't be FATAL?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "Bogus data in lock file" shouldn't be FATAL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> In that case, maybe consider fsync'ing it.

BTW, I see you already proposed that in the thread at
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/e3e180dc0905070719q58136caai23fbb777fd3c0df7@mail.gmail.com
I'm not sure how come the idea fell through the cracks, but we should
surely have done it then.  I think I was reading the initial complaint
as being just logfile corruption, and failed to make the connection to
the postmaster.pid file.