Re: Postgres Date pg_dump/Import:

От Martin Crundall
Тема Re: Postgres Date pg_dump/Import:
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tom;
  IT WORKED!  This is what I did:

env | grep CFLAGS
  and that produced all those flags as you predicted (-O9 -funroll-loops
-ffast-math -malign-double -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro)

unset CFLAGS
make clean
./configure --enable-odbc
make
make install
  a subsequent pg_dump of the staging system's database produced NO ":60"
substrings in any time stamps!
  Thanks much for your help!
  Martin

p.s. interesting to note -- my dev box is actually the same distro
(slackware 8.1) but running in a vmware window.  there was no such CFLAGS
env variable set and pg_dumps on the dev box are ok.  the distro install
must set the CFLAGS based on hardware (the laptop is a Compaq PIII/700,
and the staging box is a P4/1.7G on an intel chipset board).  Anyway,
really happy this worked -- thanks again.  Let me know if there's anything
I can do.

> "Martin Crundall" <pgsql@ac6rm.net> writes:
>> Not sure how to tell.  I didn't explicitly specify anything like this
>> during the ./configure step of install.   Poking around in the souce
>> directory, I pulled this out of config.cache ...
>
>> configure:1243: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O9
>> -funroll-loops -ffast-math -malign-double -mcpu=pentiumpro
>> -march=pentiumpro
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^
>> -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions ) works
>
> Bingo: something is supplying a whole bunch of "helpful" optimization
> options, including -ffast-math which is what's causing your problem.
> Left to its own devices, configure would have only selected "-O2" as the
> default flags for gcc.
>
> I suspect if you try "env | grep CFLAGS" you will find that the problem
> is a CFLAGS environment variable that you're inheriting from somewhere.
> If so, you could "unset CFLAGS" and then re-run configure, rebuild,
> reinstall (you won't need to initdb fortunately, just reinstall the
> executables).
>
> If it's not coming from a CFLAGS environment variable setting then
> you'll need to look harder.
>
>             regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: