Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Дата
Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> ... Note that we've previously encountered similar issues
> on gcc, which is why we've tried to force gcc's hand with
> -fexcess-precision=standard.

Right.  Annoying that clang doesn't have that.  We can't realistically
program around an issue that might or might not show up depending on the
whims of the compiler's register allocation.

> I kinda wonder if we should add -mno-x87 or such in configure when we
> detect clang, obviously it doesn't deal correctly with this.

Seems worth looking into, but what happens if someone tries to compile
for x87 hardware?  Or do we care anymore?