Re: Contrib Schemas

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Contrib Schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 12, 2006, at 9:03 PM, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> Default schema really has to be public to help the newbies out
> there. All contribs should come with some sort of standard
> uninstall.sql script though.

Speaking of contrib newbies and install/uninstall, I recently had the
need to install tsearch2 in a shared hosting environment (where, of
course, I don't have superuser access). Since there are C language
functions, I could not install it. The hoster's solution was to
install it in template1 which seems bad because (1) now everyone gets
it whether they want it or not, (2) restoring the database is going
to have permission problems.

Would it be reasonable for there to be a way for the super user to
grant access to load "approved" modules and/or C language functions?

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL