Re: [BUGS] pg_dump's results have quite different size

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: [BUGS] pg_dump's results have quite different size
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 20/12/16 23:38, Kaijiang Chen wrote:
> After I enlarged the max_standby_streaming_delay, it works well for some
> days (I have to increase the max_standby_streaming_delay when data is
> bigger).
>
> Thank you all!
>
> A suggestion might be: pg_dump from the standby is frequently used in
> backup tasks; it'll be much better if we have some options to ensure the
> pg_dump to finish; for example, an option to temporary stop the
> replication? Or do we already have some approach?

You could perhaps pause replay on the standby before the dump [1], and
resume it afterwards. This is a bit clumsy, but is easy to implement as
part of the dump process.

regards

Mark

[1] functions pg_xlog_replay_pause() and pg_xlog_replay_resume()