Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query

От torikoshia
Тема Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Дата
Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-06-16 20:36, torikoshia wrote:
>> other background or parallel worker.
>
> As far as I looked around, there seems no easy ways to do so.
>
>> If we were to invent a new
>> mechanism just for addressing the above comment, I would rather choose
>> to not do that as it seems like an overkill. We can leave it up to the
>> user whether or not to unnecessarily signal those processes which are
>> bound to print "PID XXX is not executing queries now" message.
>
> +1. I'm going to proceed in this direction.

Updated the patch.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 11:09 AM torikoshia <torikoshia@oss.nttdata.com>
wrote:
> On 2021-06-09 23:04, Fujii Masao wrote:

> > auto_explain can log the plan of even nested statement
> > if auto_explain.log_nested_statements is enabled.
> > But ISTM that pg_log_current_plan() cannot log that plan.
> > Is this intentional?
>
> > I think that it's better to make pg_log_current_plan() log
> > the plan of even nested statement.
>
> +1. It would be better.
> But currently plan information is got from ActivePortal and ISTM there
> are no easy way to retrieve plan information of nested statements from
> ActivePortal.
> Anyway I'll do some more research.

I haven't found a proper way yet but it seems necessary to use something
other than ActivePortal and I'm now thinking this could be a separate
patch in the future.

--
Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA CORPORATION

От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error
Сообщение: Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error