Re: Reading pg mailing lists from mobile device ?

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Reading pg mailing lists from mobile device ?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 6/14/20 4:26 PM, legrand legrand wrote:

> What are the best(s) solution(s) to be able to see all messages posted
> in a mailling list (or a selection of lists)
> *sorted by reverse date* in a *mobile* friendly maner ?

https://www.postgresql.org/list/

Significant work was done to make the viewing of the mailing lists much
more mobile friendly during the last redesign of the website. There are
some elements that still need some work (e.g. the "email selector"
widget within a thread), but the archives are usable on a mobile phone.

Looking at the overall traffic numbers to the site, the overall mobile
traffic is insignificant (< 5%). Even looking at data prior to travel
restrictions being implemented, the amount of mobile traffic only rises
to 6%. Breaking it down into the mailing list, the mobile usage numbers
drop off significantly further indicating that there is not nearly any
usage of the archives on the phone.

Now, if this is a result of people feeling that the archives are
unusable on a mobile device but they have a need for it to be improved
on the phone, I'd love to get more feedback.

For the sorting, there has not been any requests for having the message
appear in reverse order, at least none that I'm aware of. Like the
above, I'd like to better understand the use case.

There are certainly some optimizations we could make to message sorting
/ filtering via the search, and perhaps that's an area we should target
next.

Information about the project that handles the archives, pgarchives, can
also be found on this page, if there are parts you are interested in
contributing to:

https://www.postgresql.org/developer/related-projects/

Thanks,

Jonathan