Re: recovery from xid wraparound

От Shane Wright
Тема Re: recovery from xid wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martijn,

Thanks,

>Just make sure you've really covered *all* the system tables. If they
go you
>get really weird results.

I've been under the impression system tables get done first, then
user(me)-created tables after - which means my previous [aborted]
attempts at vacuuming them would have covered it, unless I'm missing
something?

(db was created by initdb, then pg_restore to load data into it,
database was then vacuumed before production work began)

I've looked at the list of catalog tables from 7.4's docs (URL below),
and all 28 have been processed in this vacuum, so presumably same order
for previous attempts:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/catalogs.html

Checked with 'grep vacuuming vacuum.log | grep pg_ | grep toast -v |
sort | uniq'

Does this sound like a fair assumption?

(it is on the first database in the cluster, these aren't coming up from
other databases)

Many thanks for your help!