Re: SCSI vs SATA

От jason@ohloh.net
Тема Re: SCSI vs SATA
Дата
Re: SCSI vs SATA
Список pgsql-performance
In a perhaps fitting compromise, I have decide to go with a hybrid
solution:

8*73GB 15k SAS drives hooked up to Adaptec 4800SAS
PLUS
6*150GB SATA II drives hooked up to mobo (for now)

All wrapped in a 16bay 3U server. My reasoning is that the extra SATA
drives are practically free compared to the rest of the system (since
the mobo has 6 onboard connectors). I plan on putting the pg_xlog &
operating system on the sata drives and the tables/indices on the SAS
drives, although  I might not use the sata drives for the xlog if
they dont pan out perf-wise. I plan on getting the battery backed
module for the adaptec (72 hours of charge time).

Thanks to everyone for the valuable input. I hope i can do you all
proud with the setup and postgres.conf optimizations.

-jay