Re: Re: A How-To: PostgreSQL from Tcl via ODBC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: A How-To: PostgreSQL from Tcl via ODBC
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dan Lyke <danlyke@flutterby.com> writes:
> Bill Barnes writes:
>> Ran into a hitch at 'make' which reported that 'bison'
>> was not installed.  I'm running debian potato, so used
>> the apt-get install of bison.  Bison is installed in
>> /usr/bin. I copied it to /home/billb/pgsql.

> I'm a Debian user too, but I had bison installed. Remove it from
> /home/billb/pgsql (as long as it's in your path things should be
> okay), and try running "configure" again.

Yeah, if it's in your path to begin with then it shouldn't be necessary
to copy it (and it's hard to believe that /usr/bin isn't in your path).

I suspect Peter Eisentraut had the right answer: flush the config.cache
file before running configure, else it'll reuse its previous result
about whether bison exists.