Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> At least on dromedary, this seems to be the problem:
>>
>> pg_audit.c: In function 'stack_pop':
>> pg_audit.c:387: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 3 has type 'int64'
>> pg_audit.c: In function 'stack_valid':
>> pg_audit.c:406: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 3 has type 'int64'
>> pg_audit.c:406: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 4 has type 'int64'
>> pg_audit.c: In function 'log_audit_event':
>> pg_audit.c:676: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 4 has type 'int64'
>> pg_audit.c:676: warning: format '%ld' expects type 'long int', but argument 5 has type 'int64'
>>
>> Will push a fix shortly and we'll see what happens.

> Ah, ok.

Pushed that, but some further notes:

* The actual audit reports ought to be ereport() not elog().  I made them
so but did not insert an errcode().  ISTM that it would likely be a good
thing to assign a not-used-for-any-other-purpose errcode for this, but I'm
not terribly sure what category to put it in.

* The comments in the code betray utter ignorance of how logging actually
works, in particular this:
* Administrators can choose which log level the audit log is to be logged* at.  The default level is LOG, which goes
intothe server log but does* not go to the client.  Set to NOTICE in the regression tests.

All the user has to do is change client_min_messages and he'll see all the
reports, which means if you think that letting the user see the audit
reports is a security problem then you have a hole a mile wide.

(I assume BTW that we're not considering it a security problem that
superusers can trivially escape auditing.)