Re: [HACKERS] SPI Headers -- RPM distribution

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] SPI Headers -- RPM distribution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> So, I'm going to put these headers under /usr/include/pgsql/backend.

Some of these headers already are exported.  The right thing is to
export the rest in parallel, not throw in an extra level of directory.
The path from /usr/include/pgsql should be the same as the path from
.../src/include in the source tree.

The only real problem with doing that is with fmgr.h, which for reasons
that I don't fathom isn't in src/include at all.  Seems to me it would
be a good idea to have fmgr.h (and I guess parse.h too) put into
src/include, and then we could get rid of -I../backend from the switches
used for backend compilations.

A good longer-term project would be to reduce the number of headers that
we need to export.  80 include files to compile spi.h?  Ugh.