Re: Aussie timezone database changes incoming

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Aussie timezone database changes incoming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 03:42:14PM +1000, Andrew McNamara wrote:
>> Quite likely this change will break stuff, but my feeling is more people
>> will be cheering than screaming.

> Indeed, this has been a pain in the ass for a long long time.

It's good news that people think this will be an improvement.

I've not dug into the change details to be sure, but I think probably
I was overthinking it upthread.  We seem to already have some of the
new abbreviations installed, and the other ones do not conflict with
anything.  So we'll just add them and be happy.  What we should do
with the "Australia" abbreviations file is re-document it as being
appropriate for historical usage only.  Anyone who's got that
selected will continue to see the behavior they did before.