Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas

От
Тема Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> <btober@seaworthysys.com> writes:
>> What's up with these miscellaneous schemas? Are they in fact related
>> to the creation of temporary tables? Should they disappear when the
>> session closes, as should the temporary table? If they continue
>> persisting after the session closes, how do I get rid of them?
>
> They're implementation details, yes, no, and you don't.

Thanks. Maybe my thinking in regards to the usefulness of temporary
tables needs to be adjusted. I had been formulating a plan to make use of
a temporary table that would be created at run time under certain
conditions depending on selections made by the end-user of a database
application.

To follow-up then, if the temp schemas do not disappear, then over time
what happens (as temp tables are instantiated during normal application
usage), does the database end up with an ever-increasing number of these
temp schemas? It would seem to me that that is not a good thing to have
happening on a permanent, continuing basis.

~Berend Tober

Сообщение: Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas
Сообщение: Re: Temporary tables and miscellaneous schemas